I wanted to reach out to you because the application for Indianapolis Teaching Fellows just opened and I think this would be a great opportunity for students at Indiana University (Bloomington) and I’m hoping you’d be able to offer support. The first deadline for ITF is December 10 and we are recruiting for teachers to serve in several subject areas, with a particular focus in English, special education, math, science, Spanish, and French. This is why I’m reaching out to you specifically.
As I’m sure you know, the need for knowledgeable and effective teachers is extremely high in Indianapolis and Northwest Indiana. I’m sure you’ve encountered students at the collegiate level who just weren’t prepared for the challenges of studying college level material and achieving at an advanced level. Our students need effective teachers NOW!
This is where you can help. We take recent graduates and career changers who have strong content knowledge in high demand subject areas and prepare them to teach in high needs communities in Indianapolis and Northwest Indiana. Would you be willing share information about ITF with your best students considering career options as graduation approaches?
Here are five of the easiest ways you can help promote the December 10 application deadline for ITF:
- Post this information to a website or email it directly to your students and advisees. Help us spread the word to those who may be interested in joining the ranks of outstanding educators committed to increasing student achievement in Indianapolis and Northwest Indiana.
2. Forward this email to three potential candidates. Many outstanding applications come directly from referrals. A personal recommendation from you might be the encouragement a student needs to apply.
3. Connect with us on social media. We’re on Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter . We regularly add posts about our Fellows and the work we’re doing to close the achievement gap. A simple share or retweet can go a long way in creating interest in our work.
- Forward this email to other advisors and professors. Send this to other faculty members and advisors at Indiana University (Bloomington) if you think they’d be interested in sharing this opportunity with high accomplished students.
- Visit ITF's website Learn more about ITF and reach out if you have any questions I can help with.
I’m sure many of your students are interested in relocating after they graduate. ITF is part of TNTP’s national network of teacher recruitment and certification programs. I encourage you to share information about all of our programs with students who are thinking about relocating once they finish their degree.
Arizona - Baltimore - Charlotte - Chicago - DC - Fort Worth - Georgia - Indiana - Memphis - Nashville - New Orleans - New York City - Rhode Island
What do you think? Could you take a few minutes to support ITF and help us deliver on the promise of quality education for all children? Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.
Indianapolis and Northwest Indiana
Teaching Fellows Programs