Are you interested in even the possibility of attending law or medical school in the future?
To keep your options open, these meetings should be considered mandatory!
1. PRELAW ORIENTATION with Dennis Long, Dean of Admission IUB Law School and HPPLC Director/Prelaw Advisor Mac Francis: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 6:00 to 7:30 pm. (Quiet latecomers welcome). Law School Room 125 (corner of 3rd and Indiana).
2. PREMED ORIENTATION with Dr. Rachel Tolen, HPPLC Assistant Director and Premed Advisor: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 6:00 to 7:30 pm. Chemistry 122.
These meetings are sponsored by IU’s Health Professions and Prelaw Center (HPPLC), located across from the Union in Maxwell Hall 010. Get to know this office. They are dedicated to helping you become a well-prepared and successful applicant to professional school. Freshmen are strongly encouraged to meet with a preprofessional advisor.
ALL INTERESTED STUDENTS--including those who cannot attend the above meetings--should do the following:
1. Register for your area’s email list. Go to http://www.hpplc.indiana.edu/, and click the link for “Email Lists”. It takes 20 seconds. You will receive email only for your area of interest and year in school.
2. Review the material for your area at the above address.
3. Take a look at the HPPLC calendar of preprofessional events: http://www.hpplc.indiana.edu/events.php. Try to attend as many of these events as possible!
4. Make an individual appointment to meet with a preprofessional advisor. Just call 812.855.1873.
5. You may also email HPPLC directly at email@example.com.