Member Services Manager
DCTV SEEKS ENERGETIC PERSON TO LEAD MEMBERSHIP INTAKE AND RELATIONS AT COMMUNITY TV CENTER; TO SERVE AS MEMBER SERVICES MANAGER WITH BENEFITS
This is a very high-profile position and we are seeking a candidate who offers strong professionalism, excellent customer service skills, and great attention to detail. Only candidates with two to five years of prior experience in coordinating/managing membership services and/or similar experience in marketing and/or public relations, will be considered.
The Member Services Manager (MSM) plays a highly visible role within the organization and among the membership. The MSM is directly responsible for building the membership of the organization through recruitment/retention programs targeting individuals and non-profits. The MSM leads the maintenance of membership records and statistics, and oversees timely intake of new and renewing members.
In addition, the MSM works with key staff to help ensure fair, non-discriminatory access to the facilities for the public, through implementation of the corporation’s policies, rules and procedures. This position also serves as the primary staff resource for volunteer leaders and works closely with other departments within DCTV to foster an effective partnership connecting staff and members.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
1. Work directly with organizations on a day-to-day basis to determine communication needs, ways DCTV can support them, and to support organizational members in successfully using DCTV’s resources and facilities.
2. Support outreach initiatives and conduct outreach as needed.
3. Maintain membership database and other membership records.
4. Communication with organizations; serve as primary link among DCTV departments and functions during all phases of activities and interaction with organizational members.
5. Lead and manage or provide support to projects and events as needed.
6. Provide support to development activities.
7. Develop recommendations on updates of membership fee structure and operating policies and procedures.
8. Conduct and manage intake of all new members. Ensure all member intake, records and tracking procedures are correctly and reliably implemented, including training of staff. Follow up to with members and/or staff to complete missing records, and to correct or clarify info as needed.
9. Address all members’ incidents and complaints, including investigating circumstances, addressing problems, and communicating response in timely manner.
10. Develop, coordinate and supervise member volunteer involvement for organization initiatives and activities.
11. Create records on all member activities, special projects and events, including as needed to support outreach and development initiatives, and provide completed records to central files.
12. Responsible for the development and implementation of all content for the for the website, newsletter and member communications. Work with key departments to ensure content meets the goals of the organization and membership service.
13. Assist in coordinating new member orientations, including sending invitations to board and new members, accepting RSVP's, and making reminder calls.
14. Develop and implement with appropriate staff, strategies to strengthen member involvement and networking, build the DCTV community, and implement strategies.
15. Develop and implement mechanisms to evaluate member services and DCTV’s role and effectiveness in the communities of the city, including surveys, focus groups, etc.
16. Develop means for members to evaluate the impact of their programs, work with members to support implementation, and track, obtain and compile the results.
III. WORKING CONDITIONS
On-site availability is required Monday through Friday. General hours of availability are noon to 8:30 pm; flexibility required according to organization needs, and may include shifting availability to Saturdays or to administrative hours between 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., or to coincide at times with production operating hours to 10:15 pm weekdays to accommodate meetings, events, etc. The position is a primary point of contact for the public and reliable availability to the public is essential.
IV. ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
Proficient in the use of computers. Software includes:
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) • Adobe InDesign • Adobe Acrobat • Adobe Premiere • Facility with content management websites, database function and use, Internet capabilities (e.g. e-blasts, social networking, uploading video and data to target websites, survey monkey) • Constant Contact or similar e-mail distribution applications
Bachelor’s degree required, minimum 2 to 5 years prior experience in coordinating/managing membership services. Similar experience in marketing and/or public relations. Strong commitment to First Amendment communication and non-discriminatory access required.
Also required is an energetic, positive attitude; excellent communication and people skills; excellent writing skills; strong design and layout skills; excellent organizational ability and attention to detail; excellent ability to understand principles of policy and exercise judgment in implementation and application; superior ability to track projects and workflow and to communicate consistently, clearly and thoroughly with all involved parties; creativity; and strong work ethic and analytical skills.
Background in organizing quality television productions desirable.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY January 2, 2009 5PM EST
Send Cover Letter, Full Resume, and, if applicable,
DCTV/Public Access Corporation of DC
901 Newton Street, NE
Washington, DC 20017