Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Volunteer Opportunity in Guatemala

Hey!

How's it going? I'm organizing a trip to Guatemala this spring break
that I thought would be interesting to you. It's really going to be an
amazing experience...

In a nutshell, the trip is going to be a combination of meaningful
agricultural volunteer work, relaxation, and some very exotic
excursions. The group will be working very closely with a
community-based non-profit organization to ensure that the volunteer
work we do will actually have a serious positive impact. And it's
going to be fun. We'll be in a charming Guatemalan city that has a
pretty sweet nightlife, and we're even going to hike an active volcano!

This won't be your typical Spring vacation. Unlike being a traditional
tourist, you'll actually form relationships with the local community,
gain incredible intercultural experience, learn more about yourself,
and make a real difference in the world. The trip may seem a bit
pricey at first glance, but I think that it's definitely a good
investment.

Think about it... this March you can either sit at home twiddling your
thumbs like everyone else, or go on a trip that will enrich your entire
college experience and touch the lives of others.

If you're interested, please email me at ecockrel@indiana.edu and I'll
send you some more specific information. I'm also holding an
information session between 4pm and 7pm on Saturday February 7th at the
IMU Starbucks, where I'll review the details of the trip and answer any
questions. Also look for me in the main library lobby Monday,
Wednesday, and Friday of next week. I hope that you can make it!

Elizabeth Cockrell