Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PAST INTERNSHIP: TARGET CORPORATION

A CMCL MAJOR HELD THIS INTERNSHIP IN THE PAST. THIS IS NOT A CURRENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY! TO SEE IF THIS COMPANY/ORGANIZATION IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR INTERNS, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE COMPANY/ORGANIZATION DIRECTLY.

Area of Internship: Sales/Marketing/etc
Date of Internship: Summer 2007
Location: Evansville, IN

Brief Description of Company or Organization: Target Corporation is a retail company that sells various items including clothing, groceries, and everyday household products.

Brief Description of Responsibilities: As an intern at Target, applicants will be shadowing the Team Leaders of the store, and carrying out their everyday duties. I will be responsible for learning the duties and responsibilities of the Team Leaders as I shadow each of them. I will be responsible towards the end of the internship for leading the store to drive sales. I will also be responsible for teaching the team the teamwork skills that target values while maintaining a composed atmosphere for the rest of the employees. At the end of the internship I will be responsible for showing my Team Leads what I have accomplished in a presentation.

Student Feedback
Best Liked: Learned a lot about myself, management skills.
Least Liked: Dealing with drama was often difficult and somewhat annoying

Contact Info
6625 E. Lloyd Expy
Evansville, IN 47715