Thursday, March 1, 2012

Job Opportunities with U.S. PIRG


As a graduating senior, you are no doubt trying to decide what you will do next year, or even for the next 5 years. Consider a job with U.S. PIRG. www.uspirg.org/jobs

When I was getting ready to graduate from college I knew I wanted to do something to make the world a better place, but I didn’t know what kind of job or career would enable me to make the biggest impact. When I heard about U.S. PIRG and how they tackle our country’s biggest problems by mobilizing millions of people across the country, I was excited. As a campus organizer at IU, I have trained over 60 students how to effectively organize campaigns that help increase energy efficiency, alleviate poverty, and advocate lowering the cost of textbooks.

If you’re like me, you look around and see too many problems in our country to sit back and do nothing. With U.S. PIRG, you can actually get paid to take on and solve the problems our country faces; from advocating for policies that will protect consumers from big bank and credit card rip-offs, to educating citizens and students about energy efficiency, and increasing participation in democracy.  
                               
U.S. PIRG is part of a federation of state-based public interest advocacy groups. And working together we have a much greater opportunity to make a difference. We have a 40-year track record of organizing on these issues, and, we’re hiring graduating seniors to jump right in and make a critical impact as a campus organizer or in our fellowship program.

Learn more about both of these positions and apply at www.uspirg.org/jobs.

We will be holding information sessions and interviews on campus on March 6th and 7th at 12:00 and 3:00 in the Training Room at the IU Career Development Center at 625 N. Jordan Ave, across from Wells Library. I encourage you to find out more and apply! If you are unable to make it to one of those sessions but you are still interested, please email me.

For more information check out our website, or send me an email at Hannah@inpirg.org

Sincerely,
Hannah Brown
Campus Organizer
Hannah@inpirg.org
www.uspirg.org/jobs