Social Media Specialist / Web Developer Internship
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual to work with a small team that manages the labels’ web and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Spotify. Specifically, this individual will explore new opportunities in leveraging our digital and social media outlets in order to promote our labels and artists in the digital world.
• Designing creative strategies for leveraging our current fan base while also increasing visibility, fans, and traffic across our three labels
• Experimenting with new and alternative ways to interact with our fan base and promote new artists, album releases, or special events
• Designing and developing unique applications for our social media platforms
• Monitoring trends in social media use and applications
• Measuring the impact of our social media activity through analytics
Think of this position as a cross between social media marketing and web development, with a ton of music mixed in. Experience working with HTML, Wordpress and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter is a must.
About the company
Founded in 1996, Secretly Canadian is an independent record label based right here in Bloomington, IN. The label operates alongside two others, Jagjaguwar and Dead Oceans, and share staff and offices. Some of our artists across the three labels include Antony and the Johnsons, Yeasayer, Bon Iver, Sharon Von Etten, Bear In Heaven and The Tallest Man on Earth.
Please send your resume to Ben Swanson at email@example.com