UNPAID INTERNSHIP - cinema grant program FACE (French American Cultural Exchange)
(New York NY)
The Tournées Festival
Unpaid internship offer.
Dates: June 2012 through December 2012
20 hours a week.
Tournées Festival is a grant-giving program that distributes
approximately $200,000 to over 80 colleges and universities each year in
order to promote French film screenings on campuses. More information
on the program can be found at www.facecouncil.org/tournees.
Tournées Festival is a program of FACE (French-American Cultural
Exchange) and the Cultural Services of the French Embassy. This
internship provides the opportunity to work with university professors,
film professionals, FACE and French Embassy staff, etc. to promote and
administer the largest grant program of its kind.
Along with the Program Officer, the intern will work on several projects:
- Answer questions, by phone and email, from current participants.
- Process post-screening information sent by universities and prepare grant checks.
- Process incoming grant applications and prepare selection committees in the summer and the fall.
- Participate in promoting the program to universities across the United States.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter individual.
- Good communication (oral and written) skills.
- Computer proficiency. Knowledge of Filemaker for Mac a plus.
- Interest in French and Francophone cinema, as well as arts management.
- French language a plus.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com