A CMCL MAJOR HELD THIS INTERNSHIP IN THE PAST. THIS IS NOT A CURRENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY! TO SEE IF THIS COMPANY/ORGANIZATION IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR INTERNS, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE COMPANY/ORGANIZATION DIRECTLY.
Area of Internship: Production (News)
Date of Internship: August 15th - Decemeber 20th 2011
Location of Internship: Indianapolis, IN
Brief Description of Company/Organization: Channel 13 WTHR is a news station in Indianapolis, Indiana. They cover local news as well as national. They have a news department as well as a sports department.
Brief Description of Responsibilities:
• Working on the assignment desk, answering phones and gathering information through phone calls, making maps for crews in the field, and other clerical tasks.
• Assisting producers by re-writing copy, gathering news information via the phone, timing video segments, editing video segments to accompany scripts, and assisting in production of news graphics.
• Accompanying news crews in the field as they gather information and video.
• Shadowing reporters and photographers in an effort to learn writing and editing skills.
• Preparing news content for WTHR's website and radio newscasts.
Additional Internship Requirements: To complete the internship, each intern is expected to produce three self-edited news reports on a videotape or DVD. New media interns and news production interns should submit a similar compilation of their semester's work for evaluation.
Address:Channel 13 WTHR/wthr.com
1000 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204