Wednesday, February 1, 2012

PAST INTERNSHIP: ANTHROPOLOGIE

Area of Internship: Retail/Sales
Date of Internship: November 2011-June 2012
Location of Internship: Indianapolis, IN

Brief Description of Company or Organization:  Anthropologie is a clothing store that first opened in Wayne, Pennsylvania.  Since then it has expanded all across the country.  Anthropologie not only is a clothing store for women but it is a store that provides an experience where the customer is always right and endless inspiration in design. Anthropologie engages in the full retail cycle with it's headquarters now located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Brief Description of Internship Responsibilities: I expect to fully submerse myself into the everyday tasks and responsibilities as a visual merchandiser.  I plan on taking inspiration from their blog, called The Loop, and integrating design aspects from their words into the store.  I plan to creatively take their words and rhetoric and display that into a visual inspiration in the store.  I expect to not only utilize my creativity, but also my hard work.  I plan to use this experience to grasp and understand as much of the retail industry as possible.  From communicating with the customers visually and verbally I plan on integrating the Anthropologie lifestyle into an everyday work ethic.  


Contact Information:
Address: The Fashion Mall
8702 Keystone Crossing,
Keystone Mall
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Phone: (317) 574-0803