Date of Internship: May-Aug 2012
Location of Internship: Chicago
Brief Description of Company or Organization: Nordstrom is a high end retail fashion company.
Brief Description of Internship Responsibilities:
- As an Intern, I must maintain an active awareness of the merchandise available in the department and store and be able to serve customers as needed, communicate with buyers on the amount and types of product needed to successfully run the business.
- Perform daily department maintenance tasks including stock work, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and light cleaning.
- Work as a team player to ensure each customer receives the best service possible.
- Open new Nordstrom Fashion Rewards accounts as a means of building customer relationships. Consistently seek new fashion and product knowledge to act as an expert for the customer.
- Set and achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team. Actively participate in and complete all components of the Internship Program, including time selling on the floor, sales and other customer events, classroom programs, etc.
- Spend adequate time with the store manager to gain a broader understanding of our business.
- Attend all executive speaker days to learn about the different divisions within the company and how they contribute to the business.
- Attend manager meetings.
- Shadow the department manager in daily tasks such as writing the schedule, pulling & analyzing reporting, merchandising the floor, and managing the business.
- Participate in Learning Team projects each week.
- Receive feedback and written performance reviews.
Address: 55 East Grand Avenue Chicago, IL 60611