Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Summer Course in Telecommunications: TEL T-452 Location Sound


This summer, during the first 6 week session, I'll be teaching a new 3 credit course: TEL T-452 Location Sound. The class is all about capturing good sound while on a shoot, and how to clean up any sound you do capture. I specifically would like to invite CMCL and Journalism students to participate in this class, as I feel like they could stand to benefit just as much as TCOM students. And with the impending M School, I'd like to see the students from the various departments begin getting to know each other.

While many CMCL and Journalism students won't meet the prerequisite listed in OnCourse, I'd be happy to permit them into the class provided they have taken at least an introductory production-track course. There is no expectation of preexisting knowledge about audio or cameras. Graduate students may take the course for credit as well, either under TEL T-452 or TEL T-577.

Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions. You may also give students my contact info if that's easier.

 

Sincerely,

Josh Sites (sitesj@indiana.edu